Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Friday, February 11, 2005

Somehow, this was the only photo I managed to get of the completed Masterpiece Baby Blanket before I gave it away



This is the photo illustration that appeared with the pattern, “Star Light Star Bright,” Interweave Knits Winter 99/00



and I am gratified to say mine looks just like that one. The pattern specs called for white even though the actual blanket looked yellow in the pic. I liked the look of yellow so I bought buttermilk colored Baby Ull. The pattern also specified 8 balls of said Baby Ull and, let me tell you, that is Just Enough. I was cutting off my ends to use for seaming yarn while I was sewing on the edge. I think I had about twelve inches of yarn left. (I just used a plain whipstitch to put the edge on and, since it was garter to garter, it looked just fine.)

I have noted in my sidebar that the boys on Battlestar Galactica irritated me last Friday night, but Major Shepherd on Stargate Atlantis ticked me off completely. He defied Dr. Weir*, undermined her authority and made a big fool out of her in front of the entire team. I guess it was good drama because the conflict was entirely in character for both of them and it has sewed the seeds of future storylines, but I was mad just the same. It is too bad there is no satellite TV on Atlantis. Dr. Weir could watch Battlestar Galactica and benefit from President Roslin’s example in dealing with Arrogant Military Men.

*Part of Dr Weir’s problem is her title. She’s supposed to be in command of the city and they call her “Doctor.” She needs a better name.