Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Just How Big are Rowan’s dyelots?

As previously mentioned, I bought 6 Plaid in Phoenix in November and used them for the project I Do Not Like. (One of the reasons I decided to make up that pattern was that it took 6 balls.) When I was moping around feeling sad because I made something I hated, I went through all my books and mags to find some other use for the yarn and hit upon this



which I Like Very Much (so far) and began immediately. When I read the materials list, it looked like I was going to need 2 more balls of Plaid, so I gambled and order them from Woodland Woolworks in Oregon. They came today and --YUP -- same dyelot. So do they mix up huge dyelots at Rowan or am I just lucky?

That design I’m making the Plaid into now is from Rebecca #26. It’s on the cover, actually. I’m close to being done and here’s some irony: I may not need the extra balls after all.

Further on the subject of Rowan: I got my Rowan International New Member packet today. The Introductory Free Kit of the moment is a “Freda Poncho” pattern, which is rather ugly, with 4 skeins of plum-colored Cork, which is gorgeous. Looking forward to having Mag #37 delivered to my p o box this month.

Got more Knitting News, but why waste it all in one sitting? Perhaps I’ll be able to blog again tomorrow. (The key seems to be to get up before the sun to use the internet after Husband uses it all night.)