Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, January 17, 2005

Here is a much better, less Blair Witch Project, picture of the Gala hat



I wanted a good photo of this project on record because I am proud of the seaming I did on the band. At Rowan, they don't seem to believe in working in the round or picking up and knitting. There is a seam in the back, too. All the Rowan hat designs have back seams, and the sweater Lysette has that lovely edging worked side to side and sewn on the body of the sweater after it is sewn together. Rather like the Gala hat. One would think picking up and knitting would be easier; but I'm getting pretty good at finishing and I'm starting to enjoy it.

Also I meant to note that I made my band wider than the pattern specified to accommodate the size of my pretty ceramic button.

Kicked around in my stash to see what sweaters I had I could start since I have no needles for Lysette. Can't find anything that sings to me at the moment. I'm kind of in a Knitting Funk. Seems like I'd rather do small projects. Luckily, I have about nine bags in there somewhere and at least half a dozen miscellaneous scarves and hats. And socks. I might be in the mood for socks.