Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, December 30, 2004

I guess we got about six inches of snow over Christmas, and now, after only a couple of days of warmer temps, it is almost gone. It was pretty, but it has become a dingy, soggy mess.

This is still pretty



and my in-laws really liked it. Berroco Suede makes lovely fabric. I made the Panera in “Dale Evans” which is what the model was made in, because I didn’t know what color to choose. They spend so much time in their motor home, I thought they might want to put it in there; and I couldn’t remember what color the interior was.

After I finished the Christmas knitting, I resumed my Scarf Style Scarf #1



I have 20” and I’m close to the end of the first hank of Lorna’s Laces. The pattern used 350 yds of Maine Merino Marvelous Millennium Sportweight to get 62” length. I thought two hanks of Lorna’s (400yds) would be enough. My width is right. Maybe blocking will help. I don’t intend to buy another hank, although it might be a good idea for another reason: my two hanks are different colors. Same dyelot, of course, but the second ball has spots of light gray that the first one doesn’t.



The color on that pic is a little warped, but one can see the spots clearly. Anyway, maybe throwing in another variety of cranberry will make it look less odd. Who knows? It could make it worse. If I had wound up both balls at the start, I would have seen the differences and alternated the balls as I worked. But I didn’t do the second one till after I was nearly done with the first. Another lesson learned. (I should probably be writing these down.)