Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, January 24, 2005

I finished this the other day



And I Don’t Like It. I bought this Rowan Plaid on special in Arizona (the shop owner was clearing it because no one in Phoenix wanted to buy Plaid.) This color was the only one I liked with enough quantity available to make anything. And I bought the Plaid book because I wanted to use it right away and didn’t know what to make and this design, Spray, was the only thing I liked in the book that used six balls. I knitted up most of it in Phoenix, and then I had trouble seaming the shoulders and put it away for a while. Took it back out this past week because it was COLD outside and finished it up to wear while it is COLD….

And it is too big. And I don’t like how fat the ribbing looks. And I messed up the collar so it splays and drags downward. And I made a mistake with the style of decreases I used on the sleeve cap shaping and it looks yuck. And I don’t like it.

I though about wearing it anyway, but every time I put it on, I think, “Yuck.”

This is what I made while watching SciFi Friday on the SciFi channel Friday night



It is a lovely faux-sable carrying case for my Sweet Little Roady. And it is lined, too



I made the pattern up as I went, and I considered putting a handle on it so it could be a Roady Evening Bag, but I didn’t like any of the ones I tried.

I consider it a Great Personal Victory that I have had satellite radio in my car for over a week now and I have not rear-ended anybody. Whoo-hoo!