Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, January 09, 2005

More progress on Ruby



Bit boring now that I have nothing to do but drop stitch pattern back and forth, so I went over to my sister’s house to retrieve the project I accidentally left there Christmas Day.



Another Scarf Style scarf -- the same one Lisa made a while ago, only I think hers was green. I can’t remember what it is called in the book, but I’m calling mind Orange Peel for obvious reasons. The book sample was made in Classic Elite something-or-other that is a cotton and tencel blend: mine is made of Cascade 220 Quatro #9436 which I bought in Phoenix.

Efforts this week to acquire new yarn were thwarted by the words Out Of Stock. Got some new DVDs, though, including Andromeda Season 2 and V: the Series. I watched V: the Series when I was a kid and it was first broadcast on TV. This show is the reason I have a slight lingering crush on Marc Singer. I saw him once at a SciFi convention but I didn’t meet him because I didn’t pay for a “Meet the Guests” ticket -- I just paid for general admission. I was, however, standing practically right next to him and I can report he does have a really engaging smile.