Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Remember me? TOO MUCH going on around here. Christmas is Saturday and I still have miles of fringe to go….

Till then, however, how about a Portrait of New Baby Niece



You see that is also a portrait of my beautiful sister in full Romantic Heroine mode. It is really not her fault she looks better immediately after giving birth than I ever will, EVER. It’s just how she looks.

Here is the sweater I made for baby Lyssa



The pattern is from a Leisure Arts booklet, made up with the requisite Patons Astra. Turned out very well. I made most of it while watching the Red Socks win the World Series and yet I was somehow still caught seaming it up the day AFTER Lyssa was born so I could take it with me to the hospital.

I get off work tomorrow at noon, then no work till next week. Should have an opportunity to post my Christmas projects as I finish them. I will also be keeping my fingers crossed -- I asked Santa for two balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze for Christmas to make the lace scarf from the Winter Knitter’s magazine. I’ve been THAT good, haven’t I?