Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Ha-HAH! Who says I never finish anything?



Started that Thanksgiving evening and finished it the next day. The nifty pattern is from the new Knitter’s -- a new design by Gerdine Strong for her shaped diamonds. Do you remember her socks? I was somewhat intrigued by them when that pattern came out, and doing this hat revived my interest. As I worked this project, I also thought about some different ways one could tart up these diamonds a little. Since they are worked individually, they are a great intarsia pallet. How about some Kaffe Fassett shading? Anyway, I sent this hat to Lisa for collection for the homeless. (Should get there soon, Lisa!)

A fun item from Stitch’n Bitch Nation: the Henry Rollins Doll



I shouldn’t try to make this because I already spend more time thinking about Henry Rollins than is, strictly speaking, healthy. Maybe someone will start a knit-along and then I won’t be able to resist.

Some gift knitting progress:



A Panera Throw from the Berroco Suede Scarves & More book for my in-laws. (Why is called Panera? It reminds me of sandwiches -- like I need reminding.) The pattern calls for 14 balls and I’ve finished 5. I’M NOT KNITTING FAST ENOUGH. However, by my calculations, the fringe will take 3 balls, so, actually, I’m almost half done with the knitting. But I still have Spanish class. And a haircut Wednesday. And more Christmas shopping….