Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving! Sorry I’ve been gone so long -- what can I say about stomach flu except, YUCK.

Oh wait, I didn’t spend all my time away lying around feeling sorry for myself. Before that, I went to Springfield, home of our state government, although, curiously, not our Governor. (Don’t worry -- now that I know promoting anarchy is a crime I won’t be making any political statements in my blog.) I had hoped to make it to the Rowan store in Springfield, but when I called she said they closed at 5 -- the same time my class (Intro to Equalization -- can you stand it?) was being dismissed. Phooey! I still don’t have a copy of Vintage Style. What can be done? (Ask Santa, of course.)

Springfield was not an entirely no-knitting-content trip, however. I did pick up Stitch’n Bitch Nation at the mall bookstore. My favorite bit from the text, so far: ”Math is as powerful and magical as any kind of witchcraft.” Of the patterns, this one particularly caught my eye:



I just wish I could figure out a good way to estimate yardage on this stuff



I got it at an estate auction and I have no clue what it is, except that it is old and it is probably partially wool. (I haven’t really mastered the Burn Test. That is, I can burn things up, but I have problems with interpreting my results. The CSI team is not going to be calling me to testify to anything anytime soon.) Also, it is probably pretty much fingering weight. I haven’t swatched it -- just eyeballed it. (Note previous CSI remarks.)

Meanwhile, my winter Knitter’s arrived while I was gone, along with 50 million notes and papers saying, “This is your last issue, omigod, this is the Last One, OMIGOD.” To which I can only say, “Finally.”

I took this quiz when I saw it on Teresa’s blog (I think I have also seen it on others'):

20 Questions to a Better Personality Quiz

My results?

Wackiness: 66/100
Rationality: 76/100
Constructiveness: 62/100
Leadership: 54/100

You are a WRCL--Wacky Rational Constructive Leader. This makes you a Golden God.

You think fast and have a smart mouth, and you are a hoot to your friends and razorwire to your enemies. You hold a grudge like a brass ring. You crackle.

Although you have a leader's personality, you often choose not to lead, as leaders stray too far from their audience. You probably weren't very popular in high school--the joke's on them!

You may be a rock star.

Of the 60986 people who have taken this quiz since tracking began (8/17/2004), 7 % are this type


This information is very interesting but, frankly, it is not helping me get my Gift Knitting done.