Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, November 07, 2004

I’m back! You didn’t even know I snuck off to Arizona did you?

The courtyard of our hotel in Phoenix was full of palm trees



but it was COLD the whole time we were gone. The temp never rose above 80 degrees. I only got to swim one day. There was actually one point where it was warmer here at home in Illinois than it was in Phoenix.

Still had a great time, though. This was my fourth (I think) trip to Phoenix and certainly the longest one (twelve days.) My husband is periodically called upon to go to either Arizona or Texas for work training, and I almost always go along. Since he is in class all day, I have that time to myself and then we go out at night. On this trip I mostly shopped -- bookstores and yarn stores (tune in tomorrow.) We both went to the regular tourist stops like the zoo, and we went to Rawhide, a mock Wild West town where they have shops, a steakhouse, and regularly scheduled showdowns on the street



Fun! Among the shops we visited there was a small candy store full of TRUFFLES.



The small ones cost a dollar a piece so I only bought six.

I forgot to take my camera to the Mystery Castle. That link is pretty good for a description of the Mystery Castle and I found another with more pics -- just skim over the overwrought prose.

We ate PILES of food: Greek, Chinese, Caribbean, Mediterranean. My favorite things were the falafel sandwich, the whipped cinnamon sweet potatoes, and the shrimp baked in olive oil and feta cheese. All representatives from different restaurants, of course.

And now I still have two weeks worth of Spanish homework to do. Class is tomorrow and the afternoon is slipping away. I'm not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow, either.

More later!