Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Caffeine and Barf-globs DO NOT mix. This morning, I was moving along very nicely on the baby blanket edging while watching Star Trek Voyager Season 3 DVD collection, when my sweet little ball of baby yarn starting urping up this mess



As a cat owner, I am not afraid of Things That Go Yack in the Night, but, as I said, I’d had A LOT of coffee and that is why I cut the yarn instead of patiently untangling it with both ends pinned. Even with one end free I had a heck of a time.

The edging I’m making is very pretty



But for technical coolness, it is hard to beat this



I finished that before we left for Arizona. It is the strap of a purse by Edie Eckman and it is designed so the I-cord edge forms as it is knitted. When I read the instructions, for some reason I thought it wasn’t going to work, but of course it did.

Speaking of this purse, I wasn’t satisfied with the buttons I turned up in my button stash for a closure (I despise that word,) so I bought some different ones at a JoAnne’s Fabrics in Arizona. Now I can’t decide which I like best. What do you think?

Button A



Or Button B



(BTW, I know I said last time I was going to tell you about the Grand Canyon next, but I wanted to talk about knitting today.)