Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

My friend Dixie has a Poncho Neurosis. Honestly. She, like I (me?), was a little kid in the 70s and she has very vivid memories of her mom dressing her up in ponchos All The Time. So she says now she sees them on people and thinks they look nice, but she can’t bear the thought of putting one on -- she thinks the flashbacks might drive her Insane.

Why were we discussing ponchos? Because, yesterday I wore this:



Made that last week. Started it Thursday, did a lot of it Friday night at my dad’s birthday party, and finished it Saturday during the Wild Wild West TV Marathon. It is a free pattern from the Lion Brand website using their Homespun yarn. I actually like the colorway they used in their sample better than the one I used but I didn’t want to buy yarn -- I had this stuff in my stash. And, really, it goes with a lot more of my clothes.

Hooray! The main body of the Baby Ull baby blanket is 10 rows shy of being done. Next comes the edging which I am really looking forward to. I have a three-day weekend coming up because of Columbus day and I hope to get a lot done. I’m ready to start Aberdeen and I am going to wind up the Sheldrige Farms Merino for Lisette in the next few days, too. I also need to figure out what needle I used to get gauge for the Geek Vest. Perhaps I should have written it down. Perhaps I did, and I may find it somewhere in all these notebooks lying all over the house. Wouldn’t that be nice?