Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, June 14, 2004

Pictures!

Here’s the Mananita so far



I’m very pleased with how it is coming along. Like colorwork, lace knitting is very addictive. I find myself working clear through chores, shows I wanted to watch, bedtime, etc, because I want to do “just a little bit more” as the pattern evolves. It makes the Lacey Tee feel very stale indeed.

Did someone say Lacey Tee?



That began as the front and is just a few rows shy of being finished as the back plus 1.5 inches. The back I already did will be ripped back to the armhole shaping and finished as the front with 1.5 inches added. Soon, I swear.

And, in Lola news, here’s the first few rows of what I presume is the bottom (the pattern doesn’t specify. I thought when I started that I would be working side to side for some reason, but now I think I’m working bottom to top.)



I ripped and restarted THIS project WAY more than twice. First of all, I had never worked a Clones knot before, and I wasn’t sure I was interpreting the instructions correctly. That was a couple of false starts. Then I turned the house upside looking for the illustrated instruction for a Clones knot that I Knew I Had To Have Somewhere. THEN (it was in Crochet Harmony Guide Volume 7) I ripped and restarted a few more times, convinced that I was committing the ugliest Clones knots in the history of Irish crochet. Finally, now I have three rows day. And my Clones knots are still ugly. Speaking of ugly, I’m not sure why this is crocheted in two pieces and seamed down the sides. I would have thought working it in the round would be very easy. But I’m already wishing I’d done this in a different color, so maybe I’ll do a second one and change the pattern.