Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Spring Posies!

Here is the first (unblocked) in a series of Cotton Chenille Washcloths I am making for Mother’s Day presents:



That is, of course, supposed to be a flower a la Weekend Knits pattern, but unblocked as it is, it reminds me of a starfish. The blocked washcloths will be packed up in pretty ceramic flowerpots along with the goods I scored at the Bath and Body Shop. I know I need to get moving on these to have them done by Mother’s Day, but a spanner has just been thrown into my works in that my mother-in-law is now going to be spending A Lot of time with us this weekend. I’ve considered sneaking around and working on them when she’s not around, and also just working on them in front of her without her knowing she will receive some. Either way, they Will Be Done.

Other news: started a new Mitered sock last night. And the Cubs won. Coincidence? I don’t think so.