Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, May 17, 2004

Campsite was a bit drippy this weekend:



Here’s someone not at all drippy, my sweetie-pie husband:



What’s up with the knitting? I am almost finished with the Camel Bag, and I found great lining fabric for it:



In the picture, those orange blobs look like solid rosettes, but they are not, they are orange outlines of rosette shapes and I think they co-ordinate nicely with that large band of colorwork at the bottom of the bag. The beads pictured, like the fabric, came from Wal-Mart and I am less happy with them. I haven’t been any place that sells decent beads, but as soon as I find some those will be replaced. They are just too Plastic.

Can I get a better shot of the lining design?



That is a little better. Here is a problem I anticipated, for once: when I read the materials list for this pattern it specified one ball of 1824 each in purple and olive and two each of orange and blue. That seemed strange to me -- backwards even, given the color outlay I was seeing on the color chart. So I ordered two of all four colors just in case and it looks like the only second ball I’ll have to open is the purple. I still have the fringe and the strap to go -- the fringe is purple and the strap is purple and green. I’m already done with the orange and blue.