Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, May 02, 2004

The First Camping Trip of the Season was called on account of rain. (Again.) Consolation prize: I’m about to finish the last of the Mother’s Day Flower Washcloths without my mother-in-law having any clue they exist.

I ripped out my second attempt at mitered socks -- the Ginger Luters Knitter’s mag pattern -- when I realized there was no way On Earth they were going to fit me. I think I had been working along with the idea that the piece I was knitting was one-fourth of the leg and it was actually one-half. I ALWAYS have fitting problems with socks because I have the biggest ankle to be found on a human creature. And I’m not a huge human creature -- size six for jeans, medium height, but my ankle is as big around as my waist. (That may be an exaggeration.)

My Summer Interweave Knits arrived this week -- a pleasant surprise as I had forgotten IWK put out a summer issue. Some nice things, but nothing I want to make right away. I also got my Stitches Midwest brochure finally, and plans are in the works for the Big Trip North. Last time I went I did the Full Package and the time before that I just went to the Market. This trip will be something in between. I’m looking forward to it.

I’m also looking forward to getting back to my VK Lacey Tee. I haven’t worked on it all week and I’ve really been itching to work on it today.