Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, May 24, 2004

Acquired a pile of loot on a shopping trip to Indy last week



with my cousin Lana. (She acquired one, too.) I think I could easily spend the next two years just making things from Denim People. Right above the Denim People is the last two balls of Felted Tweed they had in the place -- marked down half price. I’m going to make striped socks. The Dark Pewter chunky Cascade Tweed is going to be a Christmas Gift (secret) as is the turquoise Linen (washcloths from Knitter’s Stash.) That hot pink is Svale for a tank for ME. That vari-colored stuff at the top is a new yarn from Lion Brand which I forget the name of that I bought at Hobby Lobby on the way to Lana’s house. I’m going to use it in a felting project right away so more on that later.

Both the green and the ecru Rowan Handknit DK at the bottom of the photo were purchased for semi-lacey caps a la Knitter’s last issue or the one before. The ecru one is done now



I figured they would be nice to cover up Camp Hair. The Rowan yarn was enough with some to spare even though it is less than the 110 yards specified by the pattern and I sized mine up a little.

Lastly, the magenta/purple bag is 10 hanks of Classic Elite Wings, also purchased at clearance price. I LOVE THIS YARN (I know I say that all the time, but I mean it, I really do.) The pattern I found in my vast collection that I like best for this yarn is Charlotte, from Kim Hargreaves’ Season’s Tale



The pattern is written for Kid Classic, which has the same gauge as the Wings, and it looks like about the same texture.

You know how in horror films people sometimes try to take pictures of the Terrible Thing but they never come out? I tried to get a pic of the Terrible Thing that happened to the Camel Bag but they were ALL blurry. Funny, huh? You know how Mission Falls is superwash wool? Those Hateful loops were NOT -- the ones on the edges shriveled up and felted like mad. I may end up knitting this whole thing over -- I have enough materials left. I haven’t decided. My husband told me (while I was bawling on his shoulder) that it didn’t look as bad as I thought. He may be right, I don’t know yet -- I’m keeping my distance from it for now.