Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, April 25, 2004

I was tired last night when I posted, and I didn’t realize until later I had omitted the Juicy Details.

The Sueet Suede pattern is, of course, from the Current Knitty. I used the Berroco Suede yarn that was a recommended sub for the GGH Velour used in the sample, because it was in all my catalogues (practically) and because I had been thinking of using it for a big project later and I wanted to try it. The fabric it makes is very nice -- Suede is certainly the right name for it. Looking at the finished piece, though, I really wonder if it will worm like chenille. There are a few of those “kinky” stitches that often grow into worms.

I think the color of Suede I used is called Maverick. (They gave the colors really random names.) It is Sage not Teal as I think my photo suggests. The shading effect pictured is true, though -- it’s pretty. Also I used my scanner to get the illustration of the lining fabric and the color isn’t right in it either: it is not ecru but very light green.

Also after I posted last night, found a somewhat-satisfactory snap (a bit too small) and sewed in the lining. I wish my hand-sewing skills were better. I always think my linings look sloppy. Probably no one notices this but me. Very few other people poke their noses in my bags.

Now, this morning, I wound up 18 balls of yarn. My swift was SMOKIN’: 5 Crystal Palace Cotton Chenilles, 7 Cascade Sierras the Monk’s Satchel, 3 Koigus for the Diamond Patch Socks and 3 Brown Sheep Cotton Fleeces for a Far Off Project (I was on a roll.) The Koigu is P541, shaded greens from yellow-green to grass to moss to olive and so on and on. GORGEOUS. It’s from my stash. My sock yarn stash that is. Unlike Some Cousins I don’t have a Koigu Stash. (But I think I probably need one.)