Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, April 18, 2004

From this:



To this:



I did a bit of Rip It Rip It today. You may recall the Dresser Scarf Socks? I was working on this pattern from the Spring 2003 Interweave Knits about this time last year. After I got the first one done, I realized I couldn’t do the second one. It wasn’t even that I lost interest in Sock #2, it was that I hated the pattern So Much, I Could Not Bear to make the second sock. It is too bad, too, because I love the socks themselves, they are so pretty. The pain was in the making. And I do mean PAIN. My hands and wrists hurt so much while I was working that sock, I was miserable.

So, it is now No More. With my newly frogged Fixation yarn (plus three more just ordered from Threadbear,) I am going make the crocheted “tankini” from the current Vogue KI, illustrated in the above pic. Naturally, I don’t intend to wear THAT to work -- it’s for weekend wear.