Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Saturday, April 10, 2004

I put this top on Friday, looked in the mirror, and thought, "I wonder…."



Sure enough, when I measured it, it turned out to be an exact match to the finished measurements of the Vintage Knits Lacey Tee Blouse. Eeeck. I like my belly, but I feel certain everyone at the Courthouse Annex doesn’t want to be looking at it all day. With that in mind, I called Woodland Woolworks and finally (that’s what you’re thinking, right -- FINALLY) ordered another ball of the light green Linen Drape. They even still had stock of my dye lot -- Hooray! (I also ordered the new Jaeger Aqua book, but we can talk about that later.)

Progress report: Back of the Lacey Tee is finished, but will be ripped and another inch added at a later date. One sleeve complete and the front is begun.

Yesterday I bought the June Knit ’N Style, which featured some cute summer tanks along side the usual Scary Psuedo-trendy Things, and the book Knitter’s Stash. I had seen this book in catalogues, but when I looked inside it was not at all what I expected. I guess I thought from the title that it would be along the lines of Sally Melville’s Styles, featuring projects to use up your odd bits of yarn. It is not that AT ALL, and I wonder what the title means, anyway, considering what it IS: profiles of dozens of different yarn shop owners across America and their designs. How does that equal "Knitter’s Stash?" Is it just me? Anyway, I like this book. There are lots of patterns in it that interest me.

There is a drive-in restaurant here in town, complete with carhops and everything. When I drove by there today, I saw on the curb sign they are offering fried pickles for $1.50. Fried Pickles. I just don’t know what to think about that.