Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, January 14, 2003

I've finished sewing the sleeves to the front and back of the AV raglan pullover and it looks GORGEOUS, though I say it myself. Frankly, the yarn does all beauty work. This is just beautiful yarn. Seaming the sides and the under of the arms will take a good while longer than what I've done so far. I think now that it will fit okay, too. If not, I can take in the extra I added at the sides. It will make a thick seam, though. We'll see.

My Opal internet socks did a cool thing: I accidentally started the short-row heel at just the exact right spot so that the colors changed at the apex of the heel, making the bottom orange and the top black. No matter how hard I tried, I could never do that on purpose.

I'm thinking of putting the sleeves into the Homespun pullover by picking up stitches at the shoulder and working them into the armscye, top down. I've never done that with set-in sleeves before. I'm going to re-read Barbara Walker's book to refresh my memory before I try it. I just hate seaming Homespun. The AV Trina is wonderful to sew: soft and smooth. Very soothing. Not much soothing about sewing Homespun.