Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, January 09, 2003

The custom adjustments I've made to my Blog seem to have worked. I'm so glad -- particularly since this is what I'm doing instead of dwelling on my Knitting Frustrations.

I put the neck in the Homespun pullover while watching Stargate Monday night and it looks bad. It's been sitting on the dressmaker's dummy since I finished so I can stare at it and try to decide how to make it better. Meanwhile, the AV pullover still needs blocked and I'm so worried that it is going to be too big that I've been thinking about basting it and trying it on to see. (Avoidance is a perfectly legitimate coping strategy.) I cut up my felt tote to re-sew it and discovered that two layers of felted worsted is too thick for my machine. Argh.

However, I ordered A Treasury of Rowan Patterns and it arrived today. So many gorgeous things I want to make. Book is $40 but HUGE and crammed full. The only thing that could make it better is better pictures -- some of the patterns are really shortchanged as to good visuals. On the whole, though, I love it. Last night, while avoiding my WIPS, I looked through all the books I ALREADY have (many, many) and thought about what I'm going to make next. I think it helped clear my mind.

On the subject of confusion, I watched Buffy Tuesday and since when can Buffy and Willow speak their thoughts into each other's minds? This show has been on for six and a half years and now, suddenly, they have some sort of physic bond that has never been mentioned before? Good grief.