Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Happy New Year! Is it possible to be hung over from food? I woke up this morning with a rumbly, queasy belly, and this feeling that I Never Want To Eat Again. Maybe I should switch to alcohol.

Front and back of the Knotty-but-Nice Adrienne Vittadini Raglan Pullover With Cable Shoulder Detail are DONE. Second sleeve is started. Regia stripey socks are also FOs. I think I will wear them out today in spite of the fact that they don't really go with the Starfleet Academy tee-shirt I am wearing. Isn't it superstition that whatever you do on New Year's Day you will do all year long? Wearing Star Trek gear and handknitted socks are good things to add to my list. I've already been knitting.

Here are some not-knitting-but-knitting-related things I would like to do this year. I already have a database of my yarn stash, and I would like to create one for my magazines so that I will know what patterns and articles are in which issue of which one. I want a scrapbook of yarn I have used with a ballband, a sample of yarn, and maybe a swatch, so I can refer back when planning future projects. I also intend to work harder on something I've already begun but neglected: A notebook of "useful information." Items I would put in would include an ease chart, a yarn amounts chart, my favorite afghan dimensions, etc.