Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, January 20, 2003

I was working along on the cuff of the Opal internet socks when I reached the midpoint where I like to change to a size larger needle. I got the 3s out and prepared to knit off the 2s then realized -- my 2s are 3s! As I dug through my bag of dpns I thought of all the ways I could have started this sock with 3s, believing the were 2s, but, strangely, it appears that my 2S ARE ACTUALLY 3S. Both my sets of 3s are accounted for -- this is indeed my true set of silver 2s from the size 2 card and they are exactly the same size as my 3s. How odd. Odder yet, I was getting the gauge I expected from a size 2 needle. Maybe there is a slight difference, but now I've got them all mixed together and can't tell which ones started out as my faux 2s. I'm interested to see what happens with the second sock. Will I get the same gauge? I went ahead and finished the rib of the first sock with size 4 needles.

The AV pullover finishing is driving me crazy. Seams are good, but the spots where I'm trying to weave in ends are not so much. I just don't like the way it looks on the right side. I've tried three different methods of weaving in and I'm getting closer to a satisfactory result, but I'm also getting extremely frustrated. About an hour ago, I decided to put it down and let it go for a day, and cast on a sleeve for the Antique Homespun pullover. I had intended to knit these top down, but I haven't done the research yet, so I'm just going ahead the old-fashioned way.

Stargate tonight and a new episode of Buffy tomorrow. UPN's teaser for this ep reads, in part, "Willow performs a spell that reveals another unexpected Potential Slayer is living in Sunnydale." Do they think we don't know it's Dawn? The only mystery here is how they are going to substantiate this. How could she have been born a Slayer when she was never really "born" at all?