Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Saturday, January 18, 2003

Finished more finishing on the Adrienne Vittadini Knotty-But-Nice pullover today. Final count: 18 balls of yarn, 7 knots. Although, I've just barely used ball #18 so there may yet be a knot in it. After I had all the seams sewn, I tried it on and IT FITS! I still don't know what it's going to look like on me because I tried it on inside out with all the ends dangling all over. This really seemed to disturb my cat: she jumped up and ran away. My poor cat -- she's even more neurotic than me. She's been freaked out all week because we got a treadmill and set it up in the living room.

Watched brand-new, never-before-seen, Stargate SG:1 last night. Do I have this right? They brought a Strange Glowing Energy Device to Earth through the ’gate and, by touching it, they were suddenly able to see red hummingbirds and blue centipedes that exist in another dimension. Then, by taking out the Device’s crystals, rearranging them, then touching it, this second sight thing just went away. PLUS, the second sight was spread to other people by touching, as was the “cure.” Is that what everybody else saw? ’Cause that’s just stupid. Also lame. Did I mention silly?

Speaking of silly, I wasted a lot of this morning on my Opal internet socks. I got to the cuff and decided I wanted a 2x2 rib with mock cables. I had finished four cable rounds when I realized it would look better if I only cabled on every other k2 column, so I dropped and picked up all those columns that I wanted plain. I really think it would have been a lot faster and easier to just rip and redo.