Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Friday, December 20, 2002

Three days of folding notices and stuffing them into envelopes at work has left me with an aggravated elbow, so I have laid aside the AV pullover in favor of something lighter. Tonight I cast on socks with the Regia Mini Ringel blue/purple/green that I bought on the Election Day Shopping Spree. I thought it would be fun to make socks on the little short Bryspuns I bought for glovemaking, and it IS. (But, really, when in making socks NOT fun?) I only hope the fabric isn't too loose. The smallest size I have is #3, which is still within the use parameters of Regia. Since I'm a tight knitter, I thought it would be okay. Fingers crossed as best as I can with knitting in my hands.

Ordered my Sisik today! Called Woodland Woolworks on lunch break and ordered that and one of this past year's issues of Rowan -- the one with the charcoal cardigan with intarsia flower trim. Last night I ordered a cone of Silk City Gummy ribbon lace yarn. The color is "Splash" -- a turquoise type color. I hope it's pretty. I bought the yarn to make a shawl as a gift. There should be plenty on the cone for at least two and maybe three, so, shawls for ME, too.

Got two movies to watch tonight while going 'round and 'round with Regia: Cat's Meow and The Importance of Being Earnest. I've been particularly looking forward to the latter. I liked the play when I read it in school and I LOVE Colin Firth. Should I mention one on-line critic characterized his performance in this movie as "constipated?"