Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, September 26, 2004

So, this morning, at the campsite, I PUT PEROXIDE IN MY EYE. Is this the stupidest thing anyone has ever done? Did the contact lens advisor at the eye doctor’s office not tell me when she gave me the peroxide based cleaning solution, “DO NOT PUT THIS IN YOUR EYE!” I didn’t do it on purpose. As goofy as I am, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

But, of course, I was FREAKING OUT. Honestly, the only thing that scares me worse than arthritis is blindness. I called my husband’s stepfather (he was an ER nurse before he retired) and he talked me down: I had already washed out my eye with water and he told me to wash it A LOT with the Saline Solution and asked me what my eye looked like and how does it feel and so on. Eventually, almost all the redness went away and now it just feels a little sore like it had been rubbed a lot.

I guess I’m not going to need a patch over my eye like Elle Driver.

And, speaking of scary, have you seen This Guy?