Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

How about a quick Crochet Diversion?

This is a coat I made last year, while this blog was still in its Before Photos Era:



I really adore this coat and I’ve often thought about making another in a different color. I’ve been thinking about it lately because A) it has been getting chilly off and on here and B) Lana is just finishing one like it (GASP, she even blogged about it!) and we were talking about the Pattern Wonkiness the other day. I think this is an instance where I wrote the magazine (Family Circle Easy Knitting) and they never wrote back.

However, I did hear back from Interweave Knits about the problems I was having with the yoke of Lily Chin’s Lace Dress from the Crochet Special Issue. Here it is, in its One-Row-Shy-of-Being-Done state:



Because of the ambiguity of the pattern, I started my sleeve decreases too soon and I only have 28 shells on the last row instead of 32, which makes it a little more snug than it would be otherwise. As the upper portion of my frame is rather scrawny, this is okay by me, and I won’t be ripping back and doing it over. In this instance, the very nice lady at Interweave who wrote me back is, I guess, “checking on it.”

You can’t tell by my pic how pretty this dress is going to be, because it looks dumb over my tee. I would have changed into a camisole before I took it, but I was already struggling with taking the photo myself (husband worked late) and that seemed like a lot of trouble. However, you guys already know I’m the Laziest Person Alive.