Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

An open letter to Uma Thurman:

Dear Ms. Thurman,
I just finally got around to renting Kill Bill Vol. 1 last night and here’s my advice for you: in future you may want to stay away from movies boring enough the viewers are so disengaged they have lots of mental capacity to think about and then discuss how homely your feet are.
Signed, Me.

Last year at Christmastime, I considered buying my mother a Vera Bradley or Bradleyesque quilted bag for her gift. I never found one I liked, so I didn’t. Today, about the same time it occurred to me that I could just sew one myself, I got my Autumn 2004 Keepsake Quilting catalog. I get this catalog all the time. I’ve never ordered from them, but I’ve thought about it because they have all kinds of cool printed fabric that would make great linings for knitted bags. They also have hundreds of “Medleys” -- bundles of five or six or so already coordinated, themed fabrics for quilts or QUILTED BAGS. There are so many I think my mom might like I can’t pick. I may have to make one for myself in the Café Latte Medley.

As for the knitting -- it’s all swatches around here as I prepare for Stitches Midwest. Friday is THE DAY.