Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

So what WOULD I make from my New Fall Knitting Magazines? I’m glad you asked:



That is Vogue represented on the right, and Interweave Knits on the left. The cute little Geek Vest I am CERTAINLY going to make, and the long cardy is Maybe This Winter If I Have Time. Otherwise, sometime in the future. (The checks are created with slip-stitch color patterning -- interesting technique AND pretty sweater.)

My final confirmation for my class at Stitches Midwest arrived yesterday. Although the brochure didn’t say so, I now find I have a materials fee to pay AND homework to do before class -- swatches, two required and one more optional. I’m thinking of making several, because I can think of some different scenarios where I will put the technique I am to learn (embroidering on knit fabric) into practice. I’ll mess around and see what I can come up with in three weeks.

The needles and yarn I ordered on Friday hasn’t arrived yet. I know it’s only Tuesday. So what.

I’m going to Knit Night at River Wools on Thursday and I’m going to pick out Tiur for the abovementioned Geek Vest, then I’m not buying ONE MORE THING until Stitches. Probably.