Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, July 12, 2004

I SWEAR I saw Paris And Nicole at Busch Stadium last night.

Kerry Wood was there



(That wee spot on the mound is he, I promise.)

Sweetie-pie husband and I were also there



And the Cubs won! (Although they tried to blow it in the ninth, but we expect that as Cubs fans.)

We didn’t get home till after 2 this morning. I knew that was going to happen, so I had arranged for the day off. Didn’t sleep as late as I would have liked because the cat kept staring at me. (If I roll over, she just jumps over me and stares at me from the other side.) Husband had to go to work, though, and he was scheduled for 12 hours today. I told him to be sure and eat real food to keep his strength up, but ten bucks says he went ahead and had Fudge Rounds and coffee for breakfast, anyway.

Knitting!

Started a new project that would be going a lot faster if I hadn’t changed the pattern all around. (I’m as predictable in my folly as the Cubs, really.) I got the Provence for it at River Wools last week when I went to Thursday Knit Night. I wasn’t sure I’d like Provence -- I’m not really a cotton enthusiast -- but I love it. It is so soft and shiny.

I’ll post pics of this new object when I’m done. I’m so glad I have the day off. I wish I had TOMORROW off.