Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, August 09, 2004

Is there any Beauteousness to match this?



That is a Completely Awesome Jamieson Color Card. THANK YOU CAROLYN! Jamieson is, of course, the yarn used for the Vogue Checked Wrap Coat (see last entry) and it is destined to be the yarn I use for my Original Version of Johnny’s Secret Window Retro Cardy when I get it designed. (If this design turns out to be written in any kind of coherent fashion, I will share it here for the benefit of any of you all who happen to be the same size as me.)

Meanwhile, we went camping this past weekend and this is what I learned: DO NOT MOVE TURTLES. Seriously -- turtles MUST remain in their home area to survive. If they are moved they have no way of finding food, water, shelter or their hibernation hole, because they can’t find the landmarks they recognize that mark their spots and will search for them UNTIL THEY DIE. My husband, being The Man Of The Woods, already knew this, but I was not aware until we went to the Turtle Talk at the Nature Center of Shakamak State Park.

Also we found three Geocaches -- one of which I spotted before he did! Yippee! (Although, whenever I brag about this, he gets such a Smug, Indulgent, look on his face, I’m afraid he actually saw the cache before I did and didn’t say anything and now he’s Humoring me.)