Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Lola! (Whatever you do, don't let that Copacabana song get in your head -- once it's there it Never Leaves.)



I probably should have changed my shirt so you could see better. I also didn't comb my hair or put on makeup, but I DID use my photo software to smooth out my smile lines. I guess that indicates my laziness-to-vanity ratio is holding at about even.

Got a few more squares done and a few rows of the Mananita. No other progress to report.

Here's a Prairie Vignette for you: Yesterday, my uncle was harvesting wheat and a spark (apparently) caught the dust and the combine (with 50 gallons of diesel fuel) whoomped into flames. The field where they were working was on the edge of town, Right Across from the Fire House, but there is railroad tracks between. At that Very Moment, a train was traveling by and the fire fighters and trucks couldn’t get to the field before the combine BURNED TO THE GROUND.