Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Fall issue of Knitters came today! Okay issue. A few things I like. One is a rather simple raglan designed by Robin Melanson. Taking note of her name I was reminded of something I just gave away, another of her designs, the Corset Pullover from Interweave Knits a while back



which you all have never seen because I finished it before I had pictures here. It doesn’t fit me anymore -- you can see how it is already too big when this pic is taken. I wore it once, last winter. Now Lana has it. I’ll get it back someday, but I don’t know what I’ll do with it then -- frame it?

I had the Monday After Stitches off as another vacation day and I had planned to a lot of knitting with my new loot. Instead, I made this



When I got home with said loot, I realized my house already looked like a yarn explosion had taken place here. I had bought these cube sets a while back for just this purpose and then never gotten around to putting them together. Now that you’ve seen Before, do you want to see After?



And there is still this



There’s more, but I’m getting embarrassed.

Lest you think there is no knitting going on here -- there is! I’ve started the Geek Vest (which is properly called the North Island Vest, I think,) done good work on the Lacey Tee and the Secret Baby Blanket. (The blanket is a secret. Everyone knows the baby is coming.) Watch This Space for progress photos.