Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

I forgot to write about how excited I was to see that Rowan 35 overfloweth with BAGS. This issue's Designer Profile article is called "It's All in the Bag." Even though it opens with the extraordinary statement "Bags have been a focal point of fashion since Fendi launched their Baquette four years ago," (Bags have been a focal point of fashion for FOUR YEARS? Uh, what about the 70s? Or, for that matter, the 30s? The 50s?) it is an entertaining piece.

Twelve Rowan designers (both genders, various ages and personal styles) were asked to create their best bags. A little blurb was written about each designer: professional bio and how their designs came to be, and, naturally, all the designs are in the book. Hooray! There are a couple I will probably make, and a couple I WON’T. (Did I ever say I never met a bag I didn’t like? Huh, imagine that.)

On the subject of bags, here’s a Slightly Too Orange Photo of the first half of my Camel Bag:



You can’t see in this photo that my colorwork is a little bumpy. I don’t mind it, though. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate loop stitch? After this project, I wish to Never Loop Again.