Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

I am under the influence of Tylenol Allergy Sinus medicine, so please disregard anything in this post that is misspelled or doesn't make a lick of sense.

Core is finally on the Right Track. I don't think I told you all how I tried it on and realized I'd sewn the sleeves in backward. I'd forgotten that, because of the buttoned cuffs, they are Case Sensitive: the right sleeve is the Right Sleeve, etc. I just grabbed them up at random and sewed them in; naturally, the opposite way of how they should have been done. And the sewing has been a PAIN. The Preshrinking Before Seaming had an unexpected side effect: the rows are so squashed together there are places I can barely get my needle through. But the major seaming is done and the sleeves are righted. All that remains is the button and buttonhole bands need re-done because they are too long. A phrase that needs to be struck from Knitting Language: Work button band until, SLIGHTLY STRETCHED, it is the same length as the front. “Slightly stretched” my #$%.

I think I have managed to collect all the Spring issues of the major magazines. All pretty okay, but there is nothing in any of them to lure me away from my Summer Schedule of Projects. Especially now that I am BEHIND. (I'd hoped to be well in to the Linen Drape Ribbed Cardy by now -- March is nearly over.)