Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Boy, am I a doofus. A few days ago I wrote to Rowan asking what they had as a good substitute yarn for the discontinued Botany. I got a message back today with the link to the Rowan Home FAQs which of course has a long section on inter-Rowan yarn subbing. The message was signed by "Katie" and it was very pleasant -- there was nothing there at all to suggest Katie thought I was a complete doofus, although I'm sure she does.

If you are interested at all here is the link in question.

Rowan says 4-Ply Soft is a good sub for Botany, which is what I suspected. In addition, an on-line yarn store, The Wool Shack, has even set out a kit for the sweater I want with their own substitute color suggestions. Handy! I am going to order a Color Card to be sure. I think I also want one for Jaeger?s Matchmaker 4-Ply. It looks like it may be a good sub yarn also, and there are more colors available.

I watched the Most Entertaining movie last night: the Vampire Effect (aka the Twins Effect.) Chinese marshal arts and futuristic extraterrestrial vampires -- how fun is that? And the costumes were FAB: I especially loved the little Edwardian jackets in apple green and cherry red the two lead girls were wearing. Jackie Chan had a hand in the production of this movie, and he has a cameo role but he didn?t do his own dubbing. I find that very disturbing.