Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Who has pictures on her blog?

ME ME ME!

May I present, in its cyberspace debut, The Debbie Bliss Noro Silk Garden Scoop Neck Cardigan in Color #45:



Some notes on this work:

I'm almost certain I did not make any adjustments to this pattern. I remember there was a point at one of the armholes where I thought the row count didn't seem right as written, but I went ahead on and it turned out perfect. (I wrote Theresa -- Keyboard Biologist -- and asked her what she did with hers and was reassured when she replied she did the same thing.)

This pattern was easy but rather clever. Obviously, it is all stockinette, but the body is worked side-to-side. The Really Neat Bit is the waist shaping: a few strategic Short Rows and -- Tah Dah!-- a neatly nipped in waist.

I put vintage buttons on this sweater. (If my digital camera battery weren't dead, I could give you a close up.) They are lovely little flat glass cubes unearthed from the stash I inherited from my husband's grandmother. Originally, they were painted black, but, as the paint had been flaking off for YEARS, it was easy to see their inner beauty. I cleaned the rest of the paint off, but I had to clean the posts with CLR because THEY were a little Green. I didn't sew the buttons on -- I used button pins and, not only are they removed for washing, I think it will probably be a good idea to leave them off when I store the sweater, too.

A side note: I left all that Nancy Drew The Secret Of The Old Clock hair on the floor of Inger's Classic Cuts a week or so ago. You'll be able to see my New Hair in the picture of Core.