Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, September 04, 2003

The Corset Pullover made its Public Debut at the Courthouse Annex today where it was VERY well received by all my co-workers. It did turn out to be a little too big, though, which was even more aggravating by the end of day when the cotton fabric I had created had relaxed with wear and the top was inclined to dip Way Too Low For The Office. Here's my advice if you are going to make this: when the designer says it is designed to fit close and pick the size that matches your bust size -- do it, she means it, and if you are using cotton be sure to figure in the Cotton Flop Factor.

Finally started the sleeve of the Ruffley Cardy -- hope to have that done and the ruffle started by weekend's end. As I've worked on this, I've thought I would go ahead and sew the front closed and wear it as a top, but, since I'm making it the same size as the Corset Pullover, I now feel that it will probably be most useful as a second layer sweater and I'm going to finish it with fasteners as the pattern is written. (I could have gone ahead and finished it with fasteners and still worn it as a top like in the pic in the magazine, but then I couldn’t have worn it work. Although there is no OFFICIAL anti-half-nekkidness rule in the Employee Handbook, I feel certain it would be frowned upon.)

I went all the way to Vincennes, Indiana, last night because JoAnn Fabric’s on-line store has the new Lion Brand sock yarn and I hoped the retail stores would, also. WRONG. They Do Not. I tell you, my bubble was BURST.