Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Took the Clock Vest pattern to the office with me today and worked out my row problems on coffee break. I finally know where to start the neck shaping in the pattern sequence by my gauge instead of the given gauge. Now I should be able to get over the hump and finish this. And start the next vest!

I'm thinking of vests because...

I am in love with the Fall Knitter's magazine.

Cables make me swoon.

Kureyon makes me sigh.

Immediately I want to make the little orange vest with cable knots and the Kureyon striped jacket. And I was really intrigued by the sock article. I think I'll make my next pair with the "strong heel" and see how it goes. I love the retro-diamond socks. I have a pile of vintage sock patterns with those old fashioned men's socks in wild colors and patterns. I've thought for a long time it would be fun to make a bunch, and won't they look cute with a short denim skirt?

Both fronts of the Bliss Ruffley Cardy are done and bound off to the shoulders. I'm thinking of going ahead and doing the front and neck ruffle sequence before the second sleeve to get it out of the way.