Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, August 31, 2003

I did my first Strong Heel last night and I like it a lot, both in the making and the looks of it when it's made. The experience was somewhat soured by the fact that it took FOUR TIMES to get it right. My first short row shaping was lopsided and I still had too many stitches after it was done. I thought for a while I had gotten messed up because I was watching Final Destination and it is Pretty Darn Scary. As I concentrated on my second attempt, though, it really seemed like there might be an error in the pattern. Getting it right was trial and error after that. I still don't know if the problem was all me or if there is an error. I'm going to do my next pair on 64 stitches as written in the pattern so I should know after that.

Final Destination is an old movie, but I hadn't managed to see it all the way through before. The opening scenes were what really had my heart pounding and I wanted to hide under a blanket. I am so scared of flying that I was feeling every bit of what that boy felt in the airport and down into the plane and on it as he got more and more anxious. I thought I was going to have to do my Deep Breathing like I do when I really am on a plane. And, of course the plane blows up, so I am so glad I'm not supposed to be flying anywhere soon.