Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Saturday, August 23, 2003

It was half-price needles and hooks week at Hobby Lobby this week, so I figured it would be a good time to try out the new Lion Brand plastic needles. I got dpns because I don't use long straights much anymore and they didn't have circs. When I got home, I introduced the new dpns immediately into the Crazy Sock.

I have to say I like them a lot. They are VERY light, which is one of the things I appreciate about my true love, bamboo. Also smooth and the color I bought (pink) is bright and pretty. They look like toys, really. One negative: the dpns aren’t made in any size smaller than US 5. Perhaps that is the case with all plastic needles, I don’t know. Previously, my only plastic needles were pairs I have that belonged to my husband’s grandmother and I don’t use them much.

I still love bamboo best.

Would have the right front of the Ruffley Cardy done by now, if I hadn’t made a mistake in the armhole shaping and had to rip back. Grrrrrr. Should be done tomorrow, then I only have one more arm to go. Then the ruffle, which means I get to pick up 433 stitches (neck and fronts), AND THEN pick up 239 (bottom edge.) Woo, hoo!