Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, August 14, 2003

So, I'm thinkin' I want a poncho. It's going to be boiling hot at the campsite this weekend, but last weekend was cool and I had trouble finding the right combination of clothes for comfort. I decided last night a poncho was the way to go, and now I see the drawbacks of my magazine database -- by not including EVERY pattern in every magazine, I only have record of things I thought I'd want and who knew I'd want a poncho? Certainly not me.

Who knew I was going to spend fall camping? Again, not ME.

Someone I read about, either on the knitlist or in a magazine or blog, kept a record of magazine patterns by making a copy of the table of contents of each magazine and collecting them in a binder. That is certainly more comprehensive, but Vogue doesn't record each pattern, just the name of each "collection" plus I wanted my database to have the materials needed for each garment. That way I could use it with my stash list to join yarns to patterns.

Is any system flawless?