Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Apparently my grasp of our numerical system is not what it ought to be: when I did a row by row comparison of the two Ruffley Cardy sleeves they turned out to be EXACTLY THE SAME. When the cap shaping is finished (tonight?) on sleeve #2 they'll be the same and also DONE.

Perhaps you recall the Jailbird Cardy? It was my first real steek and I had decided to face the messy inside with grosgrain ribbon. As I was doing so, I realized I hated the buttonband -- it was too tight -- and I tried to rip it out and do it over with a larger needle. Trouble ensued and I ended up throwing it in a tote bag, one buttonband on and one off, where it sat until now.

Earlier this week, as I was noticing in the shops how the sweaters coming out for Fall all seem to have zippers, I had one of those Moments of Illumination. I've never tried to put a zipper in a sweater before. If it came off, the Jailbird Cardy would look great with a zipper. If I screwed it up, I wouldn't care because I've developed a real antipathy for this sweater. So, I bought a zipper and I'm currently basting it in, very messily, I must say. Watch this space for updates.

Got half a Rainbow Brite Sock done. If there is anyone out there wondering what happened to the Dresser Scarf Socks, here's a clue: DON'T ASK.