Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, August 07, 2003

Almost done with the waist shaping on the left front of the Bliss Ruffley Cardy; closing in on the armhole and neck shaping. Got a lot done today due to WAITING at different places and times while my car was being dropped off, looked at and sort-of fixed.

I did recently finish reading Hanging by a Thread: a Betsy Devonshire Needlework Mystery. Monica Ferris was a guest celeb at Stitches Midwest in Minneapolis when I was there, but I hadn’t read any of her books at that time, so I didn’t stop for her. I have to say I like these books. I enjoy the detail about being a shopowner and hearing what her customers and friends are working on. My only complaints are her pacing is a little slower than I like and all the brand-name dropping bugs me. The stories like Framed In Lace, where the clue in the needlework is the key to the mystery, are the most amusing.