Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Sunday, July 27, 2003

New Interweave Knits came Friday! I was curious to see if there would be any obvious changes right away. There are not. I admit when it came time to renew my subscription last month I paid for only one year because the Big Job was about to change hands. Bit of trivia: new Editor Pam Allen designed the Indian Floral Vest (which I swear I'm starting next.)

Here’s what I’m recording as things in this magazine I might like to make in the Near Future:

Indonesian Diamonds, a pretty cardy with a bit of colorwork. I think I’d like a more intense color scheme than the golden brown and eggplant, though.

Chinese Sweater, a minimalist pullover with a stylized motif across the chest. Again, a change in colors: I think this would look kinda cool and SciFi in black and pewter instead of the dark red and coral.

Short-Row Striped Pullover, sporty raglan with short row shaping from Dale yarn in a green and gold colorway. Am I in heaven?

Something to consider in the Far Future: the Geisha Cape. This is the sort of project that overwhelms me with its gorgeousness but I don’t know what I would do with the actual garment.

We picked up our camper Friday also. Spent over four hours driving to the dealer, installing the towing apparatus, hearing the guided tour, driving back and parking it in our yard. Then we spent the evening lying on the pullout couch bed listening to the Cubs game on our fancy stereo. The point is this: I COMPLETELY FORGOT STARGATE WAS ON! I missed the whole thing -- didn't remember till the next day. Aaaaaaaaargh!

I'm leaving this afternoon to go to exciting Bloomington, Illinois. Did you know Bloomington-Normal contains the only street in the U.S. that has a college at each end? I didn't either till I was searching through all my travel crap trying to find a decent map of Bloomington. How THRILLING.

The city is also the home of the Illinois Property Assessment Institute, which is why I'm going there -- more work training. Seminars this time, so No Homework, and then my educational requirements for the year will be complete and I'll get my bonus and have money for YARN. Hooray!

Back soon.