Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, July 31, 2003

We bought a truckload of stuff to equip the new camper for our first Weekend Jaunt (starts tomorrow) and put it all away last night. We'd decided what all the cabinets were going to be and where we would put everything when my husband suddenly got a distressed look on his face and said, "But where are we going to have your knitting cabinet?" Then he looked relieved, "Oh -- it can be in the bedroom."

He is just the BEST guy.

I assumed I'd get MILES of knitting done while in Bloomington, but I'd have to say I only got a half a mile. Before I left, though, I did something big here at home: balled up all four hanks of red Cotton Fleece so I can begin the Indian Floral Vest soon. Woo Hoo!

The Fall Family Circle Easy Knitting has been out a while and the Fall Vogue Knitting International just hit the stands. I purchased them this past week and here's my opinion of both: Ho Hum. Dare I ask what Knitter's has in store for us?

So, I had this idea that Bloomington would be all city-fied. Bless my soul! The first thing I saw as I drove into town was a Tractor Supply store: the second thing I saw was a big livestock auction barn. That makes it not a city, just Big Town. WE don't have a sale barn or a Tractor Supply within fifty miles of here, but we do have a Rural King store.