Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Thursday, July 10, 2003

Hand-washing day! Camisoles and tanks and four skeins of Barn Red Cotton Fleece. The yarn took a nice soapy bath followed by a vinegar bath and I can report the first sink of water turned quite pink. According to the ballband, this cotton/wool is drycleanable so that is how I am going to maintain it as a Finished Object, primarily because of the all the embroidery on the fronts.

Here’s something I do that is Not Good (aside from all the other not good things I do.) When I make a hank on my swift I don’t bind it up as well as I should and it gets all tangled in the wash. I know this from hard experience and yet I never learn my lesson. WHY, oh why, can’t I ever learn my lesson?

Bonne Marie is doing an interesting thing. She made the back of a tank and, fearing that it was too small, is making the front the next size larger. From the standpoint of female geometry, this actually makes a lot of sense. I’ve always wondered why so many sewing patterns for skirts use the same piece for the back and front when even the smallest woman is bigger from side to side around the rear than she is around the belly.