Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Left arm hurts today. I fell upon it last night in the front yard while playing badminton with 7-year-old niece Tabi. I'm not hypercompetitive -- just clumsy.

However, I started a new project last night during the Home Run Derby and went on with it today: Debbie Bliss’ ruffled ribbed cardigan with three-quarter sleeves from the Spring/Summer Vogue. The magazine sample was done in blush pink Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (naturally.) I’m doing mine in sky blue Austermann Korfu (elann purchase), which is a 60/40-cotton/wool blend. As usual, my row gauge is off so I’ve had to adjust the sleeve increases, and will have to adjust the waist shaping when I get to the body pieces.

One of the fun things about being on a stay-at-home vacation is Perry Mason is on TV FOUR TIMES A DAY. Unfortunately it is inevitable that I find myself singing Ozzy Osbourne’s Perry Mason song while I knit. (“It’s Pe-e-erry Ma-a-son....over and over again.”