Rocket Science

Space Is For Knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Midwest, United States

Monday, July 14, 2003

Corset Pullover is DONE!

Some notes:

These metal D-rings are Very Heavy. Too heavy, in fact. I was worried about this when I shopped for them, knowing how light and loose this knitted piece was, but what I bought was all there was available. I really wonder if plastic D-rings exist.

When I started this, I remarked here that the designer specifically wrote in a garter stitch selvedge on all pieces. I had always been happy seaming my stockinette selvedges, but I have to say the garter really made the sleeves go in easier. I'm glad I went ahead and tried it -- a garter selvedge is what I am going to use from now on.

According to the ball band symbols Schaffhauser Eviva is machine washable. Since I didn't block (what can I say? I'm bad to the bone) I'm going to wash it this afternoon and lay it out flat to dry so my stitches will settle down. If I shut the door and turn on the ceiling fan, it shouldn't take long. This will, of course, make the cat mad because this is the bed she likes to sleep on, and she's already in a bad mood. She and I watched The Ghost and the Darkness Saturday night and she didn't care for the ending. I think she was rooting for the lions.